“대한신경조절학회 홈페이지에 오신 것을 환영합니다”
대한신경조절학회(Korean Neuromodulation Society, KNMS)는 1997년 4월에 시작된 국제신경조절학회(International Neuromodulation Society, INS)의 한국 학회입니다.
최근 수년간 국내에서도 신경자극과 관련된 여러 신경조절치료들이 활발하게 이루어지고 있으며, 점차 신경조절치료(neuromodulation)에 대한 여러 과의 일부 의료진들의 조직적인 학술활동이 필요하게 되어, 국제신경조절학회 (International Neuromulation Society, INS)의 한국지부를 일단 주위에 있는 신경조절에 관심있는 동료들과 조직하게 되었습니다.
신경외과, 재활의학과, 신경과, 마취통증의학과 등 임상의학 뿐만 아니라 나노과학과 같은 공학분야의 석학들도 함께 자리하여 최근에 더 중요시 되고 있는 Fusion Science를 실현하고자 합니다.
참고로 Neuromodulation에 대한 범위와 분야를 간단히 소개드릴까 합니다.
아래의 내용은 국제신경조절학회에서 인용하였습니다.
대한신경조절학회에서는 국제신경조절학회의 한국지부로서 신경조절에 관심이 있는 의료진과 기초과학자 및 전공의, 간호사의 많은 참여를 독려하는 바입니다. 감사합니다.
What is Neuromodulation?
Neuromodulation is used to treat and enhance quality of life in individuals who suffer severe chronic illness due to persistent pain, spasticity, movement disorders, epilepsy, ischaemia, cardiac, bowel and bladder dysfunction, spinal injury, visual, auditory and specific psychiatric disorders.Along with gene and stem cell therapies and gene directed pharmacotherapy, Neuromodulation is one of the most exciting developing themes of modern healthcare. Neuromodulation is defined as the reversible therapeutic interaction of activity of the central, peripheral and autonomic nervous system with electrical or centrally applied pharmacological agents.
There are a number of neuromodulation techniques and operations which may have a more familiar name. The following is a list which represents the majority of neuromodulation techniques. Please click on each of the following treatments to learn more:
There are a number of neuromodulation techniques and operations which may have a more familiar name. These include:
- · Peripheral Nerve Stimulation
- · Percutaneous nerve stimulation
- · Occipital nerve stimulation
- · Sacral nerve stimulation
- · Pudendal nerve stimulation
- · Spinal Cord Stimulation
- · Deep Brain Stimulation
- · Cranial nerve stimulation
- · Vagal nerve stimulation
- · Trigeminal nerve stimulation
- · Cochlear Implant
- · Cerebral Cortex Stimulation
- · Motor cortex stimulation
- · Occipital cortex implantation
- · Intrathecal Drug Delivery
- · Intraspinal drug delivery
- · Intracisternal / Intraventricular drug delivery
- · Functional Electrical Stimulation
Mission, Vision and Goals of the INS
The Mission of the INS is to promote and disseminate the science, education, practice and accessibility of all aspects of neuromodulation. This multidisciplinary society believes that all scientists, doctors, bioengineers, professions allied to medicine and industry partners who have a specialist interest in neuromodulation can work with this society to share science and encourage best practice for the good of humanity.
The Vision of the INS is to harness all scientific, clinical and engineering endeavour throughout the world and to brand neuromodulation to encompass all implantable neurological technologies that through electrical or chemical means improve the function of the impaired individual.
The Vision of the INS are
- · To create a forum for clinicians, basic scientists and bioengineers involved with neuromodulation through a combination of scientific meetings, journal and interactive website
- · To create a family of affiliated neuromodulation national chapters to encourage growth and influence at national level
- · To encourage research and development into the conditions treated and the devices and techniques used
- · To encourage open dialogue with industry partners and health care authorities to improve understanding of these therapies, the needs of patients, service requirements and fair remuneration
- · To expand the worldwide access to neuromodulation by raising awareness of the both its clinical efficacy and cost effectiveness
대한신경조절학회 회장 이 언